Originally Posted by johnw
I frequented the 'fire for many years using Firefox and either adblock or ublock, and never had an ad or unwanted video. In the wake of the 2020 election I took exception to the Mozilla CEO and his remarks and attitude towards conservatives. So I switched to Brave browser. Had no issues until tonight.

A little while ago I opened up the Brave browser and logged onto the 'fire. Ads all down the right side of the page, and a video playing in that right hand column near the top. I installed adblock to Brave and the adds went away, but the video persisted. Did a right click on the video and only got info on said video. Right click on the frame around it and elected to "block frame".
The 'fire became a blank page. Uninstalled the adblock but the 'fire did not reappear after restarting the browser.

So for now, I'm back to firefox, but the video appears there as well, and I cannot block it.

Need advice on ridding the video from the page?

I was thinking of starting a thread on this as well. Just very recently, this has started for me, too, using Firefox with adblock activated. For many years now, I've not had this, but now (just in the last few days) I'm getting an annoying constant video about hunting and cooking on the upper right side of the screen. I think it has also compressed the text part of the screen to make room for it, which is also annoying.