Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Contacted my local small gun shop today ... he actually has 3 used but in excellent condition semiauto trap guns right now. He has a Beretta 400 Xplor ... a Beretta AL391 Urika ... and a Remington 1100. He sent me pics of all of them. The 391 has all the bells & whistles. Adjustable LOP ... adjustable comb ... elevated rib on barrel ... extended bolt lever. Not sure if he needs all that? The Beretta 400 and the Remington 1100 look more like field grade guns to me other than maybe tad longer barrels with extended chokes. I think I will run my boy over there Friday evening and let him handle all of them to see what he thinks!

Ricky,

Be sure to remove the forend on the Rem 1100 to check the bluing loss on the magazine tube....a good indicator of mileage on a Rem 1100 target gun. Regarding the Beretta 391, some competition shooters have experienced
cracked receivers which Beretta will not replace, Beretta states a cracked receiver will not effect functioning of the shotgun. The Beretta 391 did not last long in the product line for a reason. In my opinion the Beretta 303 and 390 were the best clay auto's ever made.