Good advice on the sights. I am too seriously into the .458 WM+ to go get a $440 bolt peep and pay a gunsmith to install it right now.
I bought the Browning M71 High Grade Carbine thinking I might have a 50 Alaskan done with it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I wised up.
Happy to keep it as a much more useful .348 WCF which came from a .50-110 WCF to start with, so why undo the perfection ?
It does seem that many have found the .348 WCF very accurate with cast bullets:

"I have a few M71 Browning repro's. they have virtually no throats to speak of and like .351"-.352" diameter cast bullets. i use a LBT 250gr. LCFN with RL-15 for a little over 2100 fps. the shank of the bullet protrudes into the case so the powder is topped off with shotshell buffering which protects the exposed sides of the bullet from the powder gas. these rifles are the most accurate lever guns i have ever shot."

more here: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?90799-348-Winchester-with-cast-boolits

Gator Gas Checks might be required for the .348 GC bullets.
Hey, I have gotten Gators before, using the .40-cal on my .395-caliber wildcats galore.

I have 200 rounds of 200-gr Silvertip loaded ammo to burn and a 100-count box of Hornady 200-gr FP Interlock before I need the cast bullets.
The Williams "Fool Proof" aluminum might survive long enough to see if the rifle will shoot,
and at least it does not cover the elk's golden hind end.

[Linked Image]

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.