Excellent rifle, Gun. You will be happy with it. My 1936 M-71 is the Deluxe version with original bolt peep. Have a 450 Fuller also on a Deluxe pre-war M-71
that was done in the 1950s by Bill Fuller in Johnson's Kenai Rifle shop. The 450 AK-450 Fuller are almost identical except for shoulder
angle. Johnson was a WWII Marine who talked with Elmer Keith about his Alaskan design. It was original and anything to the contrary
is moose caca or bear scat. The 348 Ackley is an excellent cartridge-I have owned 2 of them on M-71s and still have one.
They are first rate moose medicine with the capability of handling anything short of 2 charging brown bear. If its real close with claws , the 450s are the way to go.

The 50 AK that I had was done by Harry Mc Gowen years ago, but it was not as accurate as either the 450 AK or 450 Fuller
that I still own. So, the 50 AK went to a guide on Kodiak Island. The 50AK is very close to the 50-110. Fred Huntington saw
Harold Johnson's original "50"-so Johnson gets the credit for that one too. He was way ahead of his time.

Just remember that the 1886-Model 71s are lever actions that are faster in action than any bolt gun-and they can be reloaded
with a round still in the chamber ready to fire....try that with a bolt gun in a bear tussle. Also- cast bullets are good for practice, but the better
custom premium bullets by Kodiak-Swift-Hawk-Barnes-Woodleigh do the business on game when it counts.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....