When I installed the 788 Timney trigger in my 541 I did not want to remove any wood. The first thing required was to take the bolt stop down so it would work with the 581/541 bolt. Next I installed the trigger with the timney safety installed and it was easy to see what would be required to make it fit. The 788 safety lever stands away from the action and is angled to the rear. I took the safety lever off, clapped it in a padded vise along with the 541/581 safety lever. I heated the Timney safety lever with a torch and bent it forward with a pair of pliers until it was real close to what the 541/581 safety lever angle was. After letting it cool I reheated it and angled it back towards the inside until it was very close to the 541/581 safety lever. I installed it back on the trigger and put it all back in the stock. I had to reheat and bend just a bit more, but was able to install it without removing any wood. Then I emailed Timney and ordered a new bolt stop and safety lever incase I wanted to use it on a 788.