Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Bugger
I looked at simpsonltd and found drillings, which would be nice too. I was looking for a side by side rifle.

I had to do a search to find the double rifles as I didn't see that $20k rifle

But I found this:

https://simpsonltd.com/edward-kettner-boxlock-double-rifle-d15814/

A 9x57r would be nice.

Still fancier than what I need and a little more $ than I need to let go.

Get a Simson or Merkel drilling in 7X65R and have a full length einstecklauf in 7X65R installed in the right shotgun barrel. The front trigger would fire both the rifle barrel and the RT barrel with the removable rifle insert. That could be done for under $4K, and you would have Instant Class. The Merkel/Simson receivers are a bit heavier and are better in this application.

You could even get a smaller caliber insert or a 9.3X74R and get serious.

When I hunt deer with one of my drillings I carry the rifle loaded, the right barrel with a rifled slug, and the left barrel an appropriate shotgun round for sagehen, or for chukar or blue/ruffed grouse.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There is something that I find very attractive and intriguing about such a set-up with all those choices....However, having more than once, as a kid, touched off a 3"magnum 20 gauge when I was intending to fire the top, .22 lr, barrel of my brother's Savage 24, I think I would find your system way too complicated for someone like me.

Mathew 22: 37-39