Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I'll put my flame suit on.

I'm not for the passage of this bill. We had a concealed carry system that worked well, wasn't broken and provided basic training to ensure safe handling, storage and education of laws pertaining to the use of deadly force. In addition, the law enforcement agencies voiced their own opposition to it. All this talk about supporting our law enforcement agencies in contrast to the defund movement, but then you push for a bill that our law enforcement agencies denounce because it will impact their safety and make their jobs harder.

With the passage of this law you're risking an increase in events that will polarize the views against gun ownership. Including more unnecessary/unlawful armed confrontations and firearm theft.

You're creating a problem where one did not exist.

There's SO much wrong with what you say. I'm not even going to get into the whole statement.

But the first mainstream media lie you repeat is that Texas law enforcement is against this.

The fact of the matter is, that MSM made a big deal out of LIBERAL CITY police chief's being against it. They are liberals. Dallas, Austin...

The second fact is that 83% of Texas county sheriff's SUPPORT Constitutional carry.

Here's the poll article. https://www.brettsanders.me/exclusive-83-of-texas-sheriffs-support-constitutional-carry/

So your statement about "our law enforcement agencies denounce it" is pure BS.

How about we have LESS goddam govt interference and regulation?

When you have to jump through hoops and PAY for a constitutional right, it ceases to be a "right" and becomes a privilege. crazy

Try again.

BTW, are you an LTC instructor?

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but did you actually read the Brett Sanders survey/article you provided the link for, or just the title and parts of the article the author chose to highlight? I've been out watching my kids rodeo all day and I might be lacking some comprehension, but the title of the article doesn't seem to match the content.

My take away is that 66% of Sherriff's actually voted "NO" to allowing a law abiding person to carry open or concealed without a license (Question 1). It's only when it's phrased as "constitutional carry" that it gets an 83% approval (Question 2). Which means, the Sherriff's may not know what "constitutional carry" is and just support the buzzword.

Look deeper in the article and you'll see the actual questions and responses.
Question 3 says 88.5% of sheriff's do not believe a CHL infringes on our unalienable right to bear arms.
Question 4 says 60% support open carry. However,
Question 5 says 88.7% of sheriff's believe a CHL should be required for open carry.

I do agree with others that the litmus test may be the history of what has happened in other states when constitutional carry has been allowed. I still think we had a CHL concealed/open carry system that wasn't broken.

And NO, I'm not a CHL instructor.

If sheriffs want to make law than they should run for congress. Otherwise they are no more than the average citizen when it comes to votes. Many know less about the constitution than the average too. Well, at least those born before 2000, maybe 1990.