I coached (this is my last year) the SCTP kids in the county I live in. We just had the reginal shoot for our state and had one of the girls on the team finish 1st in sporting clay and second in skeet. We finished 2nd in skeet as a team as well.
I had told the girl that I would coach until she graduated and she did this year. I have coached her since she started in the 4th grade, and now that she is out of high school, I can quit. She got a full ride a a college on their shooting team so I am very proud of her.
People (myself included) talk bad about kids today (and some are bad) but I have been very please with the ones I have had a chance to coach on our team over the years.
It is a good bonding experience and I still keep in touch with several of them and their parents.
I always started every year coaching with the same line "we are going to do 2 things, 1) WE ARE GOING TO BE SAFE, 2) we are going to have fun. If we do the first thing, the second will follow.
I have seen perfume and gasoline derail more than one good shooter over the years...........

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....