Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Had to run down to Baton Rouge this am to get some things done, finished and stopped for a late breakfast at favorite family place called Franks.

Walking in to be seated I passed by young 2 Sheriffs deputies who were having their coffee waiting on their meal.

I sat down and the waitress came and I ordered then told her to bring me the deputies’ bill and don’t say anything.

She smiled and told me that there were 3 different people already ahead of me on that and that I’d be number 4 with that offer. She went on to say that she’d tell them that 4 different folks wanted to pay their breakfast bill.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Well hell now I feel bad about calling you a jackass.

Heh. It’s okay, rick !!

Another:
While passing through the DFW airport during the last desert storm there were 6 or 7 families of soldiers that had pulled tables together in the TGIF restaurant, probably 30 or so adults and children.

As they were trying to sort out the bill the waitress told them that it was all taken care of by the man who had just left with the straw cowboy hat on and she further said that he had even included her tip.

You could have heard a pin drop in the restaurant.

As another said there’s the quiet ones out there.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.