Buzz why is BHA supporting an anti hunting eco terrorists to run BLM?

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
How many elk have you lost, Buzz? Ever witnessed any problems with a 243?

As most everyone knows........you have to buy a doe tag when drawing an Iowa buck tag.

Sometimes........when a hunter fills the buck tag......they will go back out with the doe tag......and maybe a video camera.

Get a little excited when I'm trailing a boogered doe (after proper waiting)........and the hunter says something like: "Screw it.......it's not like it's a 150 inch buck......let's call it."

The biggest surprise of IRO was the wound rates. Everyone is an expert before and when they arrive.

When they want to poke the bales after a morning hunt........go check the stand location for blood (hint).

Last November.....saw an old fat man shoot a cow elk in the lower front leg (3rd shot)......100 yards from his truck. The leg was swinging. Any guesses how far he tracked it? 30-06, looked like a 721 with a steel tube Weaver.

Kinda now convinced.........it's the norm.

After all, it's only a 'lowly' doe or cow.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Buzz,

Why the obvious disdain for public land?

Most all the GF guys/gals know who I am in this part of the world, including the Director, assistant directors, commission, biologists, wardens. I've worked with a lot of them for a long time.

Why would I give a chit who outfits Cow creek? Most of its public anyway.

What disdain for public lands?...you sound confused.

BTW, did you actually read the elk regulations yet? Probably still confused about those as well....

You're all over the map...I can't help you with your choice of friends or who you guide on your place. Maybe pick better friends or better clients...not my pig, not my farm.

Same with the elk that you saw wounded...not sure what that has to do with anything, but OK.

I lost one elk with a rifle, that I eventually found. A spike bull that I just flat made a bad shot on at about 80 yards with a .338 and 250 grain partitions. Shot 17 other elk with that rifle as well as numerous deer, a dall sheep, black bears, shiras moose, etc. and it worked fine, not much different than the other rifles I've shot big-game with. Still have it but the last time I shot it was at a muskox in AK several years ago.

No, never witnessed any problems with a .243 on deer, elk, pronghorn, bears, bighorn sheep, and watched a friend kill a moose with one in Montana as well with a 100 grain sierra...one shot and that was that. The folks I hunt with are top shelf and know how to hunt, shoot, etc.