I don't. They smell bad, crap all over, most haven't been trained for any useful purpose, and some are even dangerous.

Almost as obnoxious are the "dog people" who assume--or demand--that everyone like their dog just because they do. I don't like dirty paws jumped up on my clothes, ugly wet snouts shoved into my crotch, and similar indignities. I invited a guy to shoot at my Sporting Clays club. He wanted to bring his damned dog along. The clubhouse has a sign that dogs aren't allowed. Another guy brings his dog to another club. It runs around without a leash and jumps on any stranger in the clubhouse. He's lucky it doesn't get shot.

Cats are worse, in my opinion. They kill 1.7 billion song birds each year and usually torture their victims like animal Nazis. We have a suburban blog around here. Over half the posts are of the form...my cat got lost, I've got 6 kittens to give away, etc. 100% of the posters are women. The cats have names like "Fur Baby" and "Fluffy Buffy." Blech! The coyotes feed well around here.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.