Originally Posted by Savage94C
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Table of contents, just so folks know what's in the book. Tried to focus on subjects that you'd want to look up when you were in a gun show looking at a gun.

Barrel addresses are one thing I'd have liked to add. They'll be in the 2nd Edition and the larger book hopefully.

Hey Calhoun---Are you saying the 2nd Edition whenever that comes out will contain more info than the current 1st? Anymore info than just the barrel address or will there be alot more 99 info not in the 1st? Just curious! smile

For the Pocket Reference, I can't think of any more info to include than maybe the barrel addresses. Just isn't room to add much more and keep it a pocket sized book. I'm sure we'll find a few errors in the book, refine some serial number ranges and date mappings.. but what's there will stay the same as far as I can think of. Also no idea when a 2nd Edition will come out.. depends on how many errors we find, probably. grin
I'd guess a couple years, barring major errors being found. I do plan on providing an errata sheet for the book with corrections that you can slip in.

When I get working on the 2nd book, which will be a larger format.. that one will have more subjects in it. But it won't be a pocket guide you'll carry through a gun show unless you carry it in a backpack. But when I start on the bigger book, and when I finish it are big questions. Surely won't be this year, and even next year would be aggressive.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com