Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I didn't determine it based on data. Bicycle accident data is horrible at best. It was a very simple cost vs benefit equation for me. If you think I make decisions based upon what everyone else is doing, you have been doing an abysmally bad job of paying attention.

Nobody wears a helmet like that to ride a bicycle unless they've been brainwashed.

I haven't been brainwashed. I have read considerable material on how effective/ineffective they are. Frankly they don't do much good at all in preventing death or TBI. They can protect from less serious injury. They cost 50 bucks, aren't at all uncomfortable and they don't limit movement. They may save me a gash, stitches or lump on the head.

Cost/benefit Toots. It's what I do.

I don't "run" turreted NF FFP scopes. I don't own a Tikka. I don't shoot animals with match bullets. I don't own any Sitka gear. I reload with friggin Lee equipment. I could go on and on. I don't make decisions based on what others are doing or to fit in. If that's not painfully obvious to you, if you ever decide to get a job rather than being a stay-at-home dad, don't look at investigator jobs.