Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Raeford
I went back and looked prior to posting, seemed a bit coincidental that it landed flat on 10K with no ,123 behind?
That is why I asked.
39 deaths day over day?

Raeford,,,,hold on to your chair arms, Amigo. Some devastating scchitt has hit the fan in south Louisiana.

The annual Gonzales, Louisiana Jambalaya Festival has now been cancelled for the second year in a row due to covid.

You wanna talk about some pissed off, irate Coonasses ??

However,,, this weekend down at my camp on Lake Verret we’ll be boiling 4 dozen #1 sized blue crabs with taters and corn and another neighbor will be making a big iron cauldron of his famous Pastalaya.

Libations will also be employed, I’m quite sure.

So much for covid down Pierre Part way.

Maybe some/oneday I'll make it down!

Luckily we had Floydfest this year. A five day deal, nine stages spread over 100+ acres here in Appalachia just off of the Blue Ridge parkway.
25 miles from my house.
Found some new bands to follow around the region such as The Hogslop String Band out of GA among others.
10K+ folk, music played almost 24/7, camping via tent/camper and Yurt.
Beer gardens galore etc
Had it been scheduled to start later than July 23 I don't believe that it would have happened....again!

I hear ya.
The Jambalaya Festival attracted many thousands to the area every year and with cooking competitors coming from Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama . Those folks know a thing or two about cooking also.
They typically had a balloon festival attached to it up the road a ways.

LSU football season is gonna be really interesting to watch how the leadership handles that. Right now they’re bogged down to the axles and putting chains on the tires . Should be a real clusterfug.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.