Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by CCCC
For my posting, Louisiana itself is not the point, nor is it the possible credibility of "some doctor" - any doctor - who might choose to wax eloquent on a given occasion. If numbers are stated in the "local rag", who goes to the bank on that unimpeachable source?

Somewhere, there may be actual and credible numbers about various aspects of the Covid epoch - but those who spray numbers have played that game in so many ways that we do not know accuracy, and maybe NEVER will.

So, if a location or state is short on nurses - say so and work on a solution - but claim 6,000? That looks like an intended attention grabber. I thought I heard someone say it is 5,432 Lets go with that, eh?
Whatever makes you content. But take a moment to reflect on this thread’s Title.
Toot, contentment is not a possibility, or a goal here. Reflection on the thread title is what has prompted my posts - "Louisiana Covid Numbers", as arrayed in the OP, drove the reflective comments. Once again, Louisiana is not the point - it is a mere example.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron