Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The China flu came through the fishing fleet in Grand isle and Leeville at the end of June, beginning of July. It's gone now and nobody is worried about Covid-19 anymore. Even the 2 dopers with really bad COPD somehow miraculously survived. Just look around and think for a minute....how many people do I personally know that have died because of Covid-19 and not some other underlying health condition.

You're right to a point, but don't just dismiss these deaths as non-events. Covid killed, yes killed as in "filled up the lungs", of my step mother, my aunt, my first cousin, and at least three friends that all had other issues. It might be true that had they all been 30 and healthy, they would have survived, but they weren't and they are now dead. I know one thing for sure that had this stuff never escaped from Wuhan, China, all of them would be alive today. None of them were at death's door before the virus. What do you tell you're mom? "Hey, you're over 80 and have controlled diabetes so it sux to be you?"

You tell her to stay away from peoples and take precautions.
Basically to self quarantine, anyone with 'other' issues.
Which is what should have happened from the get go.

FJB & FJT