Originally Posted by WiFowler
LGS called today and said the Citori Hunter, Gr I, 16ga I had ordered came in.

First impression - nice wood, physically a little heavier than expected (7# 2oz vs the advertised 6# 13oz), but the balance is pretty decent the added weight isn't that noticeable - to me. Grip/wrist is thinner than the 'standard' Citori's, but not as thin as the Lightning versions - new and old. I was hoping for a Lightning-like grip/wrist . . . .

Had the chance to compare the Browning to a F.A.I.R SLX600 16ga that was on the shelf. The F.A.I.R. was a easily a pound lighter and the grip/wrist a little thinner. Overall, the gun felt a little 'whippy', if you will. F.A.I.R. was about $120 less than the Citori Hunter. I pondered for a while, a primary concern being support/repair options should it be needed down the road, and the availability of additional chokes. Browning and Briley both offer additional 16ga Invector chokes ranging from ~$25-$75. On the other hand, Briley offers F.A.I.R chokes but on a special order basis (you send a choke in and they copy it) to the tune of ~$100 a choke. If I have a problem with the gun Browning will service it. Not sure who services F.A.I.R. - pretty sure it's not the conglomerate that imports them and other Italian guns.

In the end, I plunked my money down ($1700) and took the Citori home with me. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it at some hand-thrown targets this weekend and get a feel for it.

Well how do you like your new Citori? I’m still waiting on mine.