I don't know how many Americans are fully aware of the new alliance between the Australia, the US and UK or for short AUKUS . The other two Anglosphere countries, Canada and New Zealand are no involved. For NX nuclear is the reason and perhaps with Canada it is the French connection.

My view is Australia is a passenger, much like when Douglas MacArthur came to Australia and took charge. I think in both cases America does not want this island in Asian hands. The reason I think Australia is a passenger is because the Labor party opposition gave immediate support as did the media who supports Labor. One normally expect Labor and their media mates to come out totally against it.

I think America is reading the situation that China is a big problem. Before this was announced last week I thought with the Democrats in office that China might test the water by having a go at Taiwan. However, after late week I think China will have a rethink.

One thing for sure and that is if there is war then all the woke BS and climate change etc. will be off the agenda

Last edited by MikeMcGuire; 09/21/21.