Originally Posted by southtexas
Thanks much for the inpu, Gentlemen. I appreciate you sharing your expertise. Think I will nibble around, 43 and 43.5, the bolt lift at 46 was pretty stiff and 3150 seems likke a pretty optimistic MV for a Roberts.
Tried earlier with 43gr of IMR4350 with different OALs. None were particularly good but 2.75" was the best.. So perhaps 43gr and 45.5gr at that OAL.

115gr PTs at just under 3000fps sounds like a real sweet spot for my needs.

Thanks again (wish I had some Ramshot Magnum!

Glad to see you chose the 43/43.5 gr range. I would have done the same. I'd go out and shoot 3-shot groups of 43, 43.2, 43.4 and see which gives you the smallest ES/SD. Don't even need to shoot on paper, rather paying attention to the lowest ES/SD. Pick the smallest and then go test COAL. I'd start .005" to .010" off the lands and shoot 3-shot groups in .025" increments off the lands. Velocities will be similar but will decrease a small amount as you get further from the lands. Some where in there you should see a, or several, smaller group/s. I've killed elk with a Nosler 115 running in the 2890 range. Have confidence you 115 will do anything you ask of it.

Enjoy

Alan