i have a ruger lcr 22lr, the hammerless 2” snubbie version. it has a “normal” snubbie, double action only, trigger pull. i had a taurus 94 with an absolutely impossible trigger pull, which i traded towards a s&w 317 that has a fine trigger pull, only slightly worse than the lcr.

when i got my lcr there was no hammered version available. i prefer a hammer for more accurate single action shots. the lcr has a long reset, if rapid firing the trigger can unfortunately be short stroked. i use the lcr as a sometimes ccw and a rapid fire ammo dump is the way to go if using 22lr for personal protection. i limit myself to rapid double taps and it’s good.

the 317’s aluminum cylinder sometimes heat binds after fifty fast range rounds. i shoot strings with it more accurately than with the lcr, but the lcr is a sturdier piece, the 317 feels too lightweight and fragile to be an edc.

if i had to get just a one and done 22lr revolver it would a used ruger single action. used for value pricing as rugers are built like a brick outhouse. single action for accuracy & simplicity. bearcat for hiking. single six for all around use. wrangler if low on cash.