Originally Posted by ChetAF
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by goodshot
I had a MKV .280 Remington that shot very well. I kick myself for selling it. Stainless with the 6 lug action. It shot Hornady Light Magnum(pre Superperformace) which had the 139 grain BTSP innerlock at 3100 fps. It consistently shot 3 holes touching with that load. Certainly as good or better than any rifle I have ever had including several customs. I liked the bolt lift etc. Decent trigger as well. As many things on this forum.....many turn there nose up at Weatherby. Fascinating bunch of folks here. Like I said earlier should have never let it go. I think that version had a kreiger criterion barrel. I can't speak for any oaths but that was a keeper.

Yeah many bring out decades old tales of woe and cite the same tired examples when it comes to their experience with a Weatherby, I lost count of how many i had/have and only 2 had to be sent back.

I think this must be basic human nature. My Dad is still convinced all Toyota cars are terrible because he rented one on a business trip in the '70's and it had a problem with the windshield wipers.

Many guys have similar opinions of rifles based on products built 40+ years ago.

First impressions are very long lasting.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.