Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Prairies record country’s highest COVID-19 death rates
JAMES KELLER AND CARRIE TAIT

Thirteen Albertans died of COVID-19 on the first Sunday in October, another tragic but routine day during the fourth wave of the pandemic on the Prairies. A surge of infections in recent months has overwhelmed hospitals in Alberta and Saskatchewan, while also leaving those two provinces with the highest death rates of any other province.

One of the people who died on Oct. 3 was Jim Culham, an 85-year-old pastor from Castor, Alta., a small community located about a three-hour drive northeast of Calgary. A former missionary, social worker and hospital chaplain who married a nurse, he was well known and well liked in Castor with a reputation as caring, funny and gregarious.

“You talk about statistics and say, ‘So many people died today in Alberta.’ And then we realized that one of them was our dad,” said Jim’s son, Rod Culham, who lives in London, Ont., and was in Castor last week for his father’s funeral.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...d-countrys-highest-covid-19-death-rates/

So this article states 13 people in 4.4 million died in one day and the highlight example of those deaths was an 85 year old man with unknown health history( he was 85 and undoubtedly had at least a few comorbitities). It is not exactly the best supporting document to justify the need for vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination. I’m not saying a son losing a father isn’t sad, it is sad,I know from experience. But I am mature enough to understand that it is inevitable and I have come to terms with that. As you should. The virus has a cost, a governments response to the virus has a cost. Both need to be evaluated. Historically speaking, almost without exception once a right or liberty is given up it is never given back. You will die,as will I, the generations after us need not pay so dearly for unwillingness to accept that.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi