Live in an area where two Interstates intersect in PA, so heavy volumes of semi traffic is something we deal with on a regular basis. They say there's a shortage of drivers, but you'd never notice it around here, by the numbers of trucks on the roads?

One stretch of I-81 (three lanes) is often backed up around afternoon rush hour periods. Usually the south bound side. I cross over it almost daily and can see over a mile of that interstate in both directions from the overpass. About 75% of the traffic standing still when there's a back up, is comprised of semis and that hasn't changed in the past several years.

There's a Norfolk Southern container yard to the east, not far from where I-81 and I-83 intersect. No noticeable decline in truck traffic in and out of that yard. Or long trains in the area of containers moving through.

So if the big issue is west coast ports and Kommifornia regs, it isn't showing up here in the east. But since the west coast is where all the Chinese and other Asian crap is flowing into, it makes sense that is where the problem is.

I've heard several OTR truckers grumble about CA regs for some time. Most have no desire to go there if they don't have to. Most of them run the eastern seaboard and some midwest runs, so not something they have to abide.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.