Originally Posted by ratsmacker
If you remove the wretched magazine safety, the trigger pull will improve, hugely. That's usually all a HP needs to make them good shooters. They aren't as crisp as a 1911, but they can be very, very good. I had a Mk II that was awfully good, 1.25" groups at 25 yards with a good handload. It wasn't a pretty one, like yours, but I didn't care. It was parkerized, had a skinny little rib on top, and the ambi safeties, and somewhat better sights than the previous versions. Nothing else, but nothing else needed, either. I had Spegel checkered walnut grips fitted to it, and put some anti-slip tape on the frontstrap, and it was good to go.

I could shoot it almost as well as my compensated .45 I was using for USPSA/IPSC matches. I did have to cut about a 1/4" off the hammer spur, to avoid hammer bite, but I have to do that to any HP.

Yeah, I had the mag safety removed from the Mk III I bought in the late 1980s. The gunsmith who worked at the shop where I bought it did that for me right there as I bought it. I need to have it done to this one, too.

PS 150 rounds, and zero hammer or slide bite.