"This is a uniquely American internet position".

Don't care if someone buys a firearm at Walmart. I haven't "had to" yet, because I've found what I wanted at gun shops, or from private sales. Most of my guns were bought used, many of them from shops I have had personal relationships with over many years. Bought one rifle from our local Kmart over 30 years ago, when they had that rifle on sale.

Last three new guns were bought at two LGSs I've dealt with for decades. Shop owners have been friends for that long. When the Ruger American rim fires came out, none of the chains had any in stock A LGS I've dealt with for 40 years, got one in and I bought it for less than the chains were selling them for, when they eventually began to stock them

Per the rumors about substandard ammo at WM, they've sold 550 count Fed. Value Packs of 22LR for years. Like the shotshells mentioned, they are also in maroon boxes, not blue. Same 22LR ammo comes in 525 Value Packs in blue boxes, elsewhere. Have literally shot multiple thousands of rounds of that 22 ammo from WM over the years.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.