I’ve been a “gun guy” since my earliest memory around 3. I owned a gunshop for a decade and that helped my practical nature as well as destroyed it. At first when every gun comes in I thought “I’ll keep it” but after awhile it becomes an overdose and you kick the sickness. 😁. Now I only keep that which will get used and serve a useful purpose. My calibers are all based off of each other so that the.243 can become .308 or the 7mag brass can be turned into .338wm….etc.

The guys I know with big collections might be considered loony but they have more or less invested their money and seen their collections increase in value. One guy I know from Delta Junction works on the pipeline and makes big money but he’s never had a bank account. He lives (relatively) under the radar and invested in guns and ammo. I’m friends with guys that have HUGE collections but my friend’s collection in DJ DWARFS every other collection I’ve seen. I was friends and business associates with a man that has a Colt/Winchester/Volcanics collection that’s on display in Cody as well as in every Winchester or Colt book around. It was nothing for him to bring several hundred thousand with him when he went to the big show in Cody. He has millions in guns but everyone of his guns could be sold with a couple phone calls in a mater of hours….that’s liquidity that the government can’t control!

I appreciate practical but I don’t begrudge loonyism. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~