I am like most of us here, I grew up with just a couple of 22s in the house and not much else. I have been infatuated with guns since an early age. I never could afford to have many at one time but I have swapped and traded and bought and sold several hundred and perhaps even a 1000 through the years. A few shotguns but early on it was lots of various handguns and then my passion turned to rifles.
I love a fine slim and trim blue walnut and I also almost lust after certain stainless synthetics.
Certainly fine wood with good fit and finish will turn my head as will fine Classic calibers. I love the 30-06 with a passion followed oh so close, or maybe even surpassed by the 7x57. The 9.3x62 is another fine classic and I dote on the 338-06. Funny, I’ve been using a 338 Federal the last few hunts.
I demand my rifles be pleasing to the eye but also accurate. If not with factory loads, then with hand loads. They must be aesthetically pleasing with the scopes mounted low and neat to the rifle. No bases hanging over the ejection port and no high or extended rings. It must look “right”!
I guess my favorites are the older classic rifles showing some use but not abuse and in an old classic cartridge.
That brings me to my latest “last rifle I will ever need”. Through search and swap and purchase, I have put together my latest and greatest “all around rifle”. This one is a Remington mountain Rifle in 7x57 with a nice walnut stock and soon it will be mounted with a Leupold 6x36 gloss scope in Leupold dd mounts.
Perfection! For now.

Now what to do with that Winchester Classic Featherweight in 280? 😁
It never ends. 😳

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.