I agree with Steve. Some people like cars, coins, horses, saddles, clothes, etc. I like firearms.
I can recall the “reasoning” on most of the purchases. A lot of them was “hmmm, that’s a good deal”. Or, “I really like that rifle, revolver, pistol” or “don’t see many of those anymore”..
Most have been no issues, other than have personal preference modifications done. Some have been a challenge.
I enjoy the firearms, even the ones that I have not gotten around to firing yet.

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by drover
It must be an early onset of the winter blahs but I was thinking about all of the various rifles and handguns I have owned through the decades and I realized that I could have had a much simpler, and possibly, more fulfilling life if I had kept it things simpler in my choices...

drover

Would life have been more fulfilling? Think of all the times you were pleased with those choices...or were horrified, discovering that your dream cartridge or firearm was a huge disappointment. Remember the daze before the Internets, when you would discuss your choices with friends. Even the disappointments gave you things to talk about and left some interesting memories. Perhaps it wasn't a firearm, but rather your chunk of the Internets. It may have been the worst thing you have owned. smile

Have you ever thought about why you bought what you did? Was it a magazine ad campaign? Was it because of a fad like WSMs? Perhaps it was the Interwebs. Maybe a friend, mentor or gunwriter praised a rifle or handgun, so you bought one.

Whatever happened, consider that you led an interesting life! You have some very unique memories!