Originally Posted by surefire7
I see two camps on this thread: hunters & gun nuts. Both, are my type of guys (and gals)!

If I had to throw myself into one group or the other, I guess I’m mostly a gun nut, but I love to hunt.

I hunt Moose, Elk, Deer, and Pronghorns in CO & WY. I just returned from my 10th safari in Africa a few days ago, hunting Lion, Buffalo, Hippo, Crock, Eland, Hyena, Kudu and Warthog in the Luangwa Valley of Zambia. I also hunt birds with my Springer Spaniels and I was a field trial gunner for 25 years. So, I really like to hunt/shoot.

But, I own a little under 200 rifles, about 30 shotguns and maybe 50 handguns. Yeah, I’d have to admit to being more of a gun looney.

I’m 70, and like many of you, I am contemplating ‘the end ‘, wondering what to do with my collection. I have no children to pass them on to, so I suppose I’ll just enjoy them to the very end, and then let my wife or remaining family sell them and enjoy the money. It’s just too hard to part with a lifelong passion of collecting and the joy they bring me, whether in the field, or just holding and admiring them in my gun room. And I don’t need the money that I would realize from their sale. I would just feel empty.

Hero!!!!