Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I recently completed an investigation on a guy who already has 27 felony convictions. 27 times he’s been to court and plead/found guilty of a felony. 27 for crying out loud. 23 of those felonies were 364 day jail sentences (365 means prison, and more expense) that had at least 330 days suspended. During various probation violations, he never had to serve any of those suspended jail days.

Interesting.

Sounds like something our Legislature and Goobernor would be interested in. Shall I have them contact your agencies?

Oh, snap............................we're almost as bad here already.

Wife and I just shake our head every week, reading the booking report in the local paper. This week there was an arrest and booking for someone with four misdemeanor failure to appear warrants. Booked and released with a signed promise to appear. whistle Granted, only misdemeanor cases, and our small jail is probably trying to keep numbers down due to the "pandemic", but crap, the dude has had four chances to show up to court.

It has nothing to do with any agencies. It’s completely the fault of the legislature for writing terrible laws with idiotic sentencing guidelines, the governor for supporting that crap, and judges for trying to make a political point rather than impose the law.