We trap and shoot them on a small winding river that runs past my trapping/hunting shack. We get 30 bucks per tail for bounty, 100 bucks or so a pound for castors then use the carcasses for bear bait, then snare and shoot the bears. grin No limit on snared bears in my area.

Typically we'll keep between a few Belisle 330s out using H frame stands, and shoot between traps and on the boat ride back. Number of traps varies with how fast the bears are eating them. Rifles are whatever I feel like shooting and sighting for 50 yards. Bullets are usually NBTs or Bergers, something fragible at close range. Most shots are swimming; but more than a few are sunning themselves on the banks. It's not a money maker, but 70 to 100 a spring pays for lots of outboard gas, a semi annual order of commercially supplied bear bait, and a new rifle or chainsaw once in a while.

A key tool is a salt water gaff. Grabbing a moving beaver from a moving boat in running water isn't as easy as it sounds. Keeping a grip is even harder.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.