Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by smokepole
I worked in Washington DC briefly in the early 80's. I had an old truck with half the paint gone. It was great, the cab drivers even gave me a wide berth. The beamers and benz's just got the he** out of the way.

That's great!

There used to be a fellow in town who had an old Jeep station wagon and had a section of Maybe 6 or 8 inch I beam as a bumper. People really stayed away from him, too.

Years ago, in Delhi, La., a fellow got tired of people pulling part way out in the street, so you would have to slam on the brakes to stop to let them out of a store parking lot, for example. So he put a 7' 11 15/16" heavy pipe bumper on the front of his truck. It stuck out both sides of the truck and looked a lot longer than it was. He also didn't stop if you had your front end across the white line. He hit 3 or 4 with that bumper. The law measured it and it was legal, so he never got a ticket and the other drivers were at fault. I saw the truck, but didn't know the fellow, my Granddad knew him, and passed along the story.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21