Originally Posted by jc189
I would just buy one once you get there. It avoids any possible problems that may arise during travel. You could always ship it home after the hunt. You would have a memento of your hunt.

This. I have an Opinel from France, complete with a corkscrew. Nice blade that sharpens fine enough to shave the hair off your arm real effecent like.

DON'T try to transport it in your carry on. Bury it deep in your suitcase and hope they don't want to search. DON'T go into the UK with it or ride on the Eurostar train with it. In France, nobody will bat an eye at a pocket knife. Nor will they in Spain, but don't have the Rambo blade strapped to your side. Officials in Europe have God complex and your rights are zero if they want to make an issue out of it. I've had an encouter when they considered I had something they didn't approve of!

I wouldn't take anything you'd miss if confiscated.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo