Originally Posted by TheKid
I grew up shooting coyotes with a Micro Medallion 22-250, very accurate little rifle.

Later I worked for a decade in a Browning service center and my fondness kind of waned for them.

I developed the opinion that they’re a decent and usually accurate rifle for the guy who wants to buy a rifle, mount a scope, and hunt deer a week or two a year. They aren’t very user friendly if you like to tinker and modify your rifles compared to other makes. The triggers aren’t usually very adjustable, they may or may not be rebarrel candidates and the only way to find out it to potentially ruin the action attempting to pull the barrel, and stock options are slim aftermarket wise. The sleeved bolt, tiny extractor mortis, and Rube Goldberg trigger and safety in aluminum housing have all been known to give issues in rough conditions. I’m also not wild about the magazine setup.

I’m sure others’ mileage will vary.

A lot of truth in this post, but that being said, I have owned a BUNCH of A-bolt II rifles and still have two in my safe.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.