Originally Posted by saddlesore
I use to be pretty active. I gave it up up when SASS imposed period clothing rule.I have not followed it at our club, but don't see it on the schedule anymore
Cowboy Action is going the way of the black powder shoots. Here in Pa. in it's heyday there were monthly shoots at a great number of clubs lots of shooters, on weekends there were rendezvous all over the state. There were lots of guys who were competitive shooters and a group of period reenactor types more interested in costume and other things to recreate the mountain man long hunter period. Some of the groups imposed a strict primitive dress and equipment rule nothing that was not pre 1850 was allowed. This became a point of friction and many of the shooter types avoided going to the shoots that imposed the strict requirements. This slowly took a toll. Fewer shooters smaller shoots prizes got smaller and the sport faded to a shadow of what it was. There are still active monthly shoots and rendezvous but its is nowhere close to what it was. They would do well to ease up on enforcing rules and concentrate on encouraging participation. The shooting sports have serious problems with ammo and components not to mention travel costs etc. We need to make participation in what ever type of shooting easy and fun for all.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.