My only frame of reference is what we have here in WA (so the regions are in WA, not around the country. I don’t really think any of them absorb bullets any better than others. But, here’s my observations in public land/private land that everyone gets permission to hunt:

Mule Deer: Easiest. You’ll put in lots of hiking with big elevation changes, but it’s relatively easy going. Where they live allows them to be spotted from a longer distance. They have a curiosity problem and will often give you a shot after they’ve been pushed.

SE Whitetails: Second Easiest. Same as mule deer, they just don’t give you a second chance. Push them, and they’ll run to the next county.

NE Whitetails: Hard. Really cagey before the rut. Thicker vegetation than in the SE and it’s all noisy. At least it’s noisy for the deer as well. I’ve heard a few coming before I saw them.

Blacktails: Hardest. They’re quiet, nocturnal, and have food and water everywhere. For me, they’re really hard to spot at longer distances vs other species. The only saving grace seems to be they’ll stay in a fairly small area vs migratory deer herds. The areas they live are super thick and even the open areas are hard to walk through with overgrown slash piles.