Sir Tony,

That is hilarious. I am starting on a barn in my backyard soon as I finish The Queen's sunroom.

Our hero, Sir Jerry, requested I mark the FN of a Hornady DGS 480-grainer for a "classified mission" in Africa.
I did so, as well as the base of a DGX-Bonded 480-grainer, using my Chinese-made, AA-battery-powered "Scratch-It Pro" engraving pen:

[Linked Image]

Above you see the two bullets resting atop Sir Jerry's H&H Royal 500/450 NE.
We will have to wait for his safari to find out what this is all about.
He will be using his .458 WM+ and the 404gr Shock Hammer for all manner of game,
backed up by 500-gr TBSS in case the need for a southward aimed Portuguese Heart Shot arises on southbound bovine.

I presume the nostalgic double rifle will be used ceremoniously to celebrate the .450 NE ballistics that changed everything.
H&H got tired of having to use John Rigby's .450 Rigby Special cartridge in their rifles for adoring sportsmen, after the 1898 frenzy.
They even had to re-throat some of their later .450 BPE Farquharson rifles that could handle the new Cordite and new brass, when sportsman clamored for it.
They called it "coning up the breech."
This allowed the stronger, heavier-barreled single-shot rifles to transition from .450 BPE to .450 NE ammunition.
Shades of the .458 Winchester Magnum throat to come.

So H&H came up with something "bigger and better" the 500/450 "H&H Special/Smokeless" delivering same ballistics at lesser pressure.
Now they had a great excuse not to further John Rigby's domination.
Then came the British ban of .450 bores in rebellious areas of India and Africa, circa 1905, and the Nitro Express Renaming Race was on.
Many more duplications of .450 NE ballistics in double rifles followed.
Shades of the .458 Winchester Magnum domination, denial, and resurrection to come.

Sir Jerry's mission is beyond Top Secret.
Cosmic Squirrel level clearance is required for details.
We will just have to wait for it ...

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.