I'm dying right now....my new bartlein 2b spun up on a push feed winchester in 300win is being difficult.

Headspace is on the minimum side, dialed in to two tenths on the chamber and tennon with no issues threading or reaming. I took an inch off the shank and reamed the whole way home.

The gun is well bedded, 2# trigger and wears a rail landed with devcon after media blasting it to ensure it doesn't move.

I've been through two scopes that work well on other rigs and this thing is a 6 inch gun more often than a 2 inch.

I've indicated the action from the scope, no movement. Bedding to action, no movement.

The barrel doesn't look bad when I scope it, but it does have a tight spot about 8" from the muzzle when I shove a tight patch through it.

I'm a bit over 100 rounds of berger 200.20x, 208 eldm, long range accubond, and now going to try some classic sierras and rdfs. I've tried h1000 and h4831 and neither powder nor bullet makes any difference....it blindly sucks.

Action and ring screws have been dyed to ensure zero contact. Latest scope is a lrhs in burris tactical xtr rings.

I'm running out of stuff to chase down beyond the tube.

The worn factory tube will shoot 6x better than the new one.

I fired another, lighter 300 on the same target at the same time and rip a clover.....then this thing sprays pills at random.

Labradar shows reasonable speeds and good spreads on some loads. I've taken the 200's from 2600 clear to 2900 and nothing is neat. Seating have been varied from a kiss to 200 off.

I'm stumped....and about to throw this tube in the river and spin up another one of the cheap proofs I have been having luck with.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.