Hello, new to the forum. As with most males of any species, I shall put my scent down for review, by the pack."

The US Constitution was written during and immediately after the American patriots had just defeated a "large standing and well regulated militia" the British armed forces.

The Constitution was written with careful language. Careful due to the exceptional importance of such a decree and in a manner to invite signatories not scare them to rejection. Therefore men much smarter than myself set about to create this most Blessed of documents.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," [A Large Standing Army will be needed if we are to survive.] How many of the colonies would have signed that?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." [because of the "well regulated militia" standing army, could never have an upper hand over the "Free Citizen."

A well regulated militia does not or has never existed. It would be like George Zimmerman. If a group of armed men set about to train and be equipped to the term, "Well regulated" This group is an Army. Militia by definition loosely trained and ill equipped is not "Well Regulated." Hence Well regulated, means "Army."

The word "Arms" is plural. Not Musket, a hatchet a sword....... cannons, grenades and now nukes and F35's. If the US Government does not want the Citizen to have a certain "armament" then they must not possess that particular item in their inventory.

I spent 20 years defending this exact policy, and was comfortable with the possible costs. I have even less to wager today at my age.

Hell, I may Red Flag myself... lol.