From the Boone Valley Issac Walton range in Webster City, Iowa, here are the results from the VFS100, 200 and 100/200 Grand Agg. Temps were warm both days with the heat index pushing into the low 100's with twitchy winds on Tuesday for the VFS 100.

Randy 'R.G.' Robinett won with a 250-20X on the tie breaker after being pushed hard by Ron TeSelle's identical 250-20X. There were four shooters knocking on the door with 19X's.

The Top 10 in VFS 100 were:
Randy Robinett 250-20X
Ron TeSelle 250-20X
John Cascarino 250-19X
Craig Nagle 250-19X
Ron Bertrand 250-19X
Jeff Shultz 250-19X
Kevin Mielke 250-18X
Jason Stanley 250-17X
Mike Toby 250-17X
Steve Rosendale 250-16X

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wednesday's 200 yd. had a bit lower heat index (upper 90's) with a good mixture of right, left and boiling mirage. Transplanted Pennsylvanian John Cascarino now calls central New York home and made the most of his trip to Iowa by winning the 200 with an excellent 250-10X. John was the only person to stay clean at 200 which will give you some idea of the conditions.

The Top 10 at 200 were:

John Cascarino 250-10X
Ray Becker 249-5X
'Terrible' Terry Meyer 248-9X
Russ Stiner 248-8X
Bill Small 248-6X
Ron Bertrand 248-6X
Al Nyhus 248-5X
Joe Duke 248-4X
Jeff Shultz 248-3X
Gary Vanlier 248-3X

In the VFS 100/200 Grand Agg, John Cascarino rose to the top with a hard fought and well deserved win for the Championship.

The Top 10 in the VFS 100/200 Grand Agg were:

John Cascarino 500-29X
Ron Bertrand 498-25X
Jeff Shultz 498-22X
Al Nyhus 498-20X
Ray Becker 498-20X
Terry Meyer 498-19X
Joe Duke 498-18X
Randy Robinett 497-32X
Jason Stanley 497-26X
Russ Stiner 497-24X

The High X award for the Grand Agg went to Randy 'R.G.' Robinett with 32X's

The Ed Shilen Memorial Team traveling trophy for high score and X's went to the ' Five Lug Nuts' team of Joe Duke, 'Terrible' Terry Meyer, Kevin Mielke, Randy Robinett and Al Nyhus

Joe Duke (rt), Randy Robinett (rt center), Kevin Mielke (lt center), Al Nyhus (lt). Not pictured is 'Terrible' Terry Meyer as he had enough sense to get out of the heat and into his air conditioned RV before the pic was taken. wink

Thursday and Friday are the Hunter 100/200. With business to attend to back home, I'll not be there for what surely promises to a real slug fest as the yardage winners and the prestigious Two Gun Winner gets sorted out.

It was a great event with good people, and a great team behind the scenes putting in hours of hard work to make this happen. Mike Bigelow and his crew went the extra mile to make sure everyone had what they needed and to run a smooth show. There were some great door prizes from some of the sports leading suppliers of gear, including a new action. I tried to trade trade the K&M arbor press I won for the action that Mark Taylor won by pointing out to Mark's wife Kelley how much money Mark would save by not having to build a new rifle using that action....but no dice. smile Thank you all for making this happen. For me personally, it was a nice way to return to registered NBRSA competition after a 9 year absence from shooting registered tournaments. Randy and Donna Robinett graciously invited me as their guest for a few days at the 'Rancho de Robinett'. We had as much fun watching their thriving bird population, rabbits and the aerobatic displays of a crop duster working around their home as shooting. Donna is an accomplished artist and she was kind enough to 'rehome' one of her pieces to our home. cool

Here's a few random pics to close this out.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner