This was in Maryland, not Alaska, but it was an interesting find.

Across the road from my house is a cattle farm that was owned by an elderly couple. I didn't know them, but about 15 years ago, the old man died. Shortly after that, their daughter and her husband subdivided a lot off of the farm and built a house. I've met the husband, but he's a weird azzhole and doesn't get along with the other neighbors. Out in one of the fields along side of the creek was an old run down cabin. Been there as long as I can remember and never really thought about it. One day the son-in-law decides he's gonna clean out the old cabin and see what's inside. He starts digging through the piles of junk that's stacked in there and comes across several wooden boxes full of dynamite. No telling how old this stuff was, but he backed out and called the fire dept. It was probably unstable. My wife called me at work to tell me that there was a bunch of commotion and they had the road shut down. About an hour later they blew it up. My wife said that it shook the house, but no broken windows. She said it was a pretty good blast.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan