Back from said event up in Ridgway along with fellow CF denizen Roof. Pretty warm on Saturday and Sunday but Monday and Tues had a nice cool front with temps in the 70s. Joe did far better than me scoring a daily win as well as winning an overall 2nd in AA of 78 out of 120 in Standard rifle. I had moments of brilliance followed by utter defeat. grin This was also a Monarch Cup competition so US, Mexico, Canada competition with the next leg in Mexico.

I don't know if there were any other CF folks shooting but if not there should be. While it says "national championships" there are always folks who are shooting their first matches and are unclassified or like one of our friends from our Atglen PA matches who is a solid "B" class shooter and everyone is welcome and like our friend, often take home a prize or two! Next year may be in Raton if they find a match director and otherwise I'm sure it will be back in PA.

There were over $100K in door prizes given away including some Voodoo barrelled actions, 1/2 off certificates for Anschutz rifles and some very nice prizes on optics including a couple of the new Leupold silhouette scopes.

Would be nice to see some CF folks show up, even garanimals who thinks he knows marksmanship enough to judge everyone else but seems to not shoot silhouette. crazy

The local TV CBS affiliate did a nice blurb on it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated