As I mentioned in Steve's 'retirement' thread I'm heading down to Tennessee tonight.
The primary reason is to see a very close friend that is struggling with a loss.
'Paul' and I became very close buddies during 2020/21[covid] when we basically moved down to the free state of TN.
He lived across the street at the time with his GF and he and I hit it off immediately as well as my wife and his GF.

About a year ago they semi split and both moved a couple of miles out.
We all remained close and they never really could break away from each other totally so we all still hung out together regularly.

She had everything, looks, brains[nursing degree, R.E. license], personality, hard working family that did very well, well adjusted teenage daughter......

I often wondered though- why did the father have primary custody of their daughter?

Paul broke some news to me just after they moved, he had found needles and other paraphernalia when cleaning out the house.
He seemed truly shocked by what he had found and how it was kept from him.

Looking back over the past 2 years I now recognized her slow downward spiral.
She went from selling Real estate to peddling timeshares to sort of working at her fathers HVAC biz, her relatively new BMW was no longer running[and not getting fixed] and her physical appearance was heading downhill.

Last winter he called and asked if he could spend a night with us in Virginia to break up a roundtrip to northern WVA.
He was going to see her [and retrieve her from per her mothers instruction]at a rehab center her parents had convinced her to enter.

Paul called last week, her dad had found her dead at his house. She had OD'd
I could tell that he was totally devastated and heartbroken.

F**k heroin!

FJB & FJT