Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by dale06
I’ve sold some hand guns face to face, but I’ve always done so by going to an FFL and having a background check done on the purchaser. It cost me $25. Transferring that gun to someone who could “legally” own it vs some one who could not legally own it was worth the cost to me.
Maybe that process is not technically face to face but that’s the only way I’d do it.
Sold it today to a deputy. Real nice guy, he used to work under my 1st cousin who died several years ago. Pleasant transaction, and had no qualms about doing business with this man. He even called me a couple hours after I got home, and told me to keep in touch so we could go to the range together.

Here, most of the people who call about stuff I have for sale are from neighboring VA, so using an FFL is mandatory. Almost all of them however, try to weasel out of that with various claims of why it’s not required for shotguns of rifles. I understand their motivation (money, and wanting something off-book), but I’m not risking prison and loss of gun rights (and guns) for them.

What fresh Hell is this?