I prefer the Hornady 87 BTHP over the Sierra 85 grain HP.

I've shot two deer with the Sierra... and the deer died, but I wasn't impressed... if we are talking a Sierra bullet, give me the 100 grain SMP any day. Its discontinued, but I still have like 400 of them, and I'm not going to be taking 400 deer between now and my hunting days being over...

Was just back home in Virginia and what surprised me, is most of my deer hunting relatives, have hung it up several years ago.. and most are younger than I am. A couple got a big once in a life time deer, mounted the head over the fire place and called it quits...had trouble believing that.

I've already loaded up about 20 of the Hornady 87 BTHPs for this upcoming season at the end of September in the 243... using the Ruger this season.. But then I'll load up 20 for the 260 Ruger and then the 6.5 Grendal ( also a Ruger).. and the 6.5 x 55 which is also a Ruger.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez