We have a 2.5 year old wire haired pointing griffon that we bred to a highly recommended stud WPG about 8 weeks ago.

I'm new to this but did make sure we got all the OFA certifications before we bred her. She is certified for hips, elbows, patella, thyroid heart, and I even drive her to SLC to get her vision certified. She's a smart and healthy dog but I haven't hunted with her much mostly due to my health problems. She has really come around though in the last year as I've worked with her more. She has an excellent nose and we haven't been able to hide a bird she couldn't find. She comes from great hunting lines and the stud hunts a bunch.

I've never had a dog that's had pups so this will be a first. What things do I need to be prepared for? We have a 6 foot plastic kiddie pool ready with lots of nesting blankets. Will she likely chew off the cords or will we need to cut them? Do we need a bulb syringe on hand to suction pups? I've delivered human babies but not pups.

Also, we will be giving large discounts to any fire member that can provide a pup with a good hunting home.

Bb