I’m knee deep into another good one fellas. This is said to be the ultimate account of the Lewis and Clark expedition. My timing is impeccable on this one as I’m living and working a literal stones throw from the Missouri River on which the party traveled. I’m currently reading about their approach to the Great Falls in Montana where I temporarily reside. It’s also nice to have arrived here at the exact same time that they did, during mid June… lots of great reasons to be reading it when and where I am!

I’ve always been a fan of Thomas Jefferson and find the relationship between him and Meriwether Lewis an interesting one. Jefferson may have missed the mark on some of his guesswork on how relations with the Native Americans would pan out and some other unknown factors, but his forethought and ambition brought great blessings and growth to our young nation.

Lewis and Clark got to do what we all have dreamed of… they saw this grand place on earth when it was the real wild west, unspoiled and teeming with wildlife of every kind in unbelievable numbers.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."