Soup: I currently own and shoot 8 (eight!) Remington 700 VLS Rifles - all are rated by me as VERY accurate!
They are in calibers:
204 Ruger
223 Remington
22-250 Remington (three of these - including one VLS-SS)
243 Winchester
6 m/m Remington
260 Remington
ANYONE who declares that the Remington 700 VLS in 22-250 Remington is NOT an accurate rig simply does NOT know what they are talking about or they are doing something basically wrong!
PERIOD!
I am also familiar with several VLS 700's in caliber 22-250 Remington owned by Hunting partners and each of them is at least pleasing accurate for their owners.
If I recall correctly they weigh about 9 pounds 6 ounces without rings, base, scope or bipod.
I tote mine along on predator and Colony Varmint Hunts with NO problems what so ever.
The modest mass of the Remington 700 VLS aids in accurate field shooting situation in my experience.
Been using these VLS Rifles for Predators, Colony Varmint and Big Game for 25+ years now and they work VERY well for those uses.
I recommend you invest in the Rifle in question.
Some of my 700 VLS Rifles have way more than doubled in value since I bought them.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Just read the other postings in this thread and I am happy you purchased the VLS!
AND.... how does it shoot?
Leave that barrel alone - thank me later. Cutting that barrel would diminish its value.