Greetings from deepest east Texas. My wife and I have created a resale furniture and collectables business to not stay bored, going into our late '70's and ever so often we run into things like what I'm going to ask about.

FWIW I spent 13 years in the firearms industry, 1st as a Dallas based major wholesaler's sales rep in the eastern half of Texas, and later spent 6 years repping for Stoeger Industries in 5 states.

Today I got stumped on the value of a better than average clean but used Ithaca 20 guage pump from probably the mid/late 50's to mebbe the 60's. At the wholesaler I worked for starting in the mid to late 70's I sold a lot of these guns well into the early '70's and later, and owned several Ithaca shotguns of one sort or another ... guns that looked very similar. However I did not get the Serial # as my wife had seen everything she wanted to look at and wanted to get down the road the next stop...never take your wife to see some guns!! Mine thought this one would be pretty in the gun case and a good candidate to resell.

The Sale's price tag on the Ithaca was $700 and I thought the price was a little high and wanted to make an offer but the owner had had to leave to take care of something at home and is supposed to be available tomorrow.

So....I'm thinking the shotgun is worth about $500/$550 ...and the Question I have is how far am I on or off on a reasonable price?? as a keeper or as a resale piece.
Ron