I am a unapologetic holster addict and have a bunch of holsters. For revolvers I like the leather Diamond D Guides Choice holster and have carried a S&W .44 mag. Mountain Gun in one for many years. It is a handsome holster to my eyes! It is fast and secure and meets my needs.

For semi auto pistol chest carry I prefer the kydex Quick Lock holster from Gary Cook in Wasilla, Alaska. It is a very secure friction fit holster with a retention screw and allows a fast one handed draw of my Kimber Camp Guard 10mm. The webbing is two inch synthetic and the holster only has two attachment points for the straps. This is a simple, rugged built well thought out holster. It is about 30 bucks cheaper then the Kenai Gun Slinger.

I had seen the Quick Lock holster on You Tube and happened to be in Wasilla and stopped by the shop Gary has and he was kind enough to build me his Denali version for the Kimber 10mm. My wife and I found the process very interesting. Gary seems like a decent hard working vet that only builds holsters.

For 65 bucks Gary will make additional holsters for other handguns. I have a treasured stainless 3" S&W K Frame .357 that I have had since the early 80's and can shoot it as well as my 4" version.